Advancing multidisciplinary frailty research
The purpose of the Frailty-ADD CRE Seed Grant Scheme is to build the capacity of early career researchers/academics, health practitioners, and allied health professionals to develop research programs that aim to improve outcomes for frail patients in hospital settings.
It is intended that these seed grants will fund smaller-scale research studies which can then be leveraged for future funding applications at a larger scale. The seed grants are funded by the NHMRC Centre of Research Excellence: Improving Hospital Outcomes for Frail Patients Across Different Disciplines (Frailty-ADD CRE: APP2015821).
Before submitting your application via the button below, please read the information on this page in conjunction with the submission instructions and conditions of awards.
Current grant round (closes January 2024)
- Two grants of up to AUD$10,000 (excl. GST) each, for a maximum 24 months in duration*:
- 1 x grant will be awarded to project focusing on nursing, pharmacy or allied health
- 1 x grant will be awarded to a project focusing on medicine or surgery
*The assessment panel reserves the right to:
- Retain one or both grants according to the quality of proposals received,
- Request modification or clarification of a proposal before making an award.
- Any unallocated funds will be made available for the next grant round.
- Applications close Friday 12 January 2024, 17:00 AEST
- Successful applicants will be notified the week starting 5 February 2024
- Successful applicants must accept the grant via email within two weeks of the notification email.
- Successful applicants are expected to attend and present at the AFN Summit in Brisbane, 21-22 March 2024
- Successful applicants have up to 24 months to complete the study after funds have been allocated.
- Applicants must be employed by an Australian entity (e.g., university, hospital, research institute etc).
- Applicants must be an:
- Early career researcher* and/or
- Health or allied health practitioner registered with a relevant board/society**
- The proposed research is required to be within the scope of improving outcomes for frail patients in hospital settings.
- The proposed research must not already be funded (although the project may build on an existing research project)
* Applicants must be five or less years (full-time equivalent) post-PhD.
**Applicants must have 5 or less years (full-time equivalent) research experience. Applicants in this category do not need to have any prior research experience.
For questions about the Frailty-ADD CRE Seed Grant Scheme, please contact Dr Kristiana Ludlow at [email protected]